We're Hiring a Communications Library Assistant/Trainee!
Henrietta Public Library is inviting applications for the position of Part-Time Communications Library Assistant/Librarian Trainee. Application materials are due by Wednesday, January 19th.
Part-Time Communications Library Assistant/Trainee
The successful candidate will promote library and community programming using print and digital communications tools, participate on staff teams to coordinate communications activities, and provide general reference to patrons of all ages.
All Our Staff
- Loves to learn and welcomes new ideas in a constantly changing library environment.
- Takes pride in providing exceptional customer service.
- Is enthusiastic, welcoming, playful, resourceful, flexible, and eager to work as part of a team.
- Communicates clearly and constructively.
- Shows compassion to each other and our community.
- Is comfortable with integrating new technology into traditional library services.
- Promotes library classes and events, library collections, library board of trustee news, Friends and Foundation of Henrietta Public Library efforts, town department news and events, and community events using a variety of communications tools.
- Designs marketing materials for social media, email, and print materials.
- Ensures communications are in line with the library brand.
- Works with local businesses and town departments to meet library’s communication needs.
- Provides general reference and reader’s advisory to patrons of all ages.
- Participates in Events Team and Reference Team.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings.
- Maintains and develops knowledge through continuing education.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of graphic design and graphic design tools.
- Good organization and attention to detail.
- Physical demands commensurate to job description.
- Ability to push a full cart.
- Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with a Bachelor’s degree OR
- Anyone currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited Master of Library and Information Science graduate program.
- Anyone who currently has a permanent appointment from a Civil Service list as Library Assistant or desires a transfer in grade OR
- Anyone whose name currently appears on the Monroe County Civil Service Library Assistant eligible list
Hours: 18-20 hours per week. Includes an evening and weekend rotation.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Jen Barth via email at email@example.com by January 19, 2021.
Statement of Nondiscrimination
The Henrietta Public Library is an equal opportunity employer which complies with state and federal fair employment laws and regulations. The library does not discriminate in recruitment, training, promotion, or other terms of employment on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, results of genetic testing, veteran’s status, and military service.