Curbside Pickup: General Information & Pick Up Procedure
Materials and Requests
- Most formats of library materials (including regular and large print books, audiobooks, magazines, DVDs, CDs, and video games) are eligible for curbside pickup.
- You may request specific titles and authors or, if you give us a general idea of what you’re looking for, we’re happy to select items for you.
- Have your library card number ready when you call. We will need to ask you to call back if you don’t.
- A maximum of 15 items may be requested per library card, per day.
- Requests may be placed by telephone (585-359-7092) or email (email@example.com) during curbside hours. Please include your library card number in your email message.
Pick Up Procedure
Once you’ve been notified that your items are ready for pickup, please pick them up within one week.
- Call from your vehicle to let us know you’re here (585-359-7092).
- Remain in your vehicle while staff bring your items to the table.
- Once staff reenter the building, you may approach the table to pick up your items. They will be checked out and ready to go.
- Practice social distancing. Maintain a safe, 6 foot distance from others in the parking lot. If for some reason you need further assistance from a staff person, please call the library.
Have you received a hold notification? We'd be delighted if you could give us a call (585-359-7092) before you head over to pick them up. We need a little time to get your items checked out and ready for you to pick up at curbside.
Why yes, we are accepting returns. Library materials may be returned in the drive-up book drop located on the west side of our building. If you've recently returned items and they're still showing up on your account, never fear! We are currently receiving an extremely high volume of returns and are doing our best to keep up. In addition, we quarantine all returns for 72 hours before discharging and shelving them. Thank you for your patience. We'll be sure to backdate the returns so you aren't charged overdue fees.