COVID-19 and Workplace Safety Webinar
It's hard not to be a bit apprehensive about returning to work amidst a pandemic. We suggest that you arm yourself with knowledge! Join us at 7pm on July 21 for a webinar presented by Nellie Brown, Director of Workplace Health & Safety Programs and Lead Programs Manager for Cornell University's ILR School. She will share insights and help you better understand how COVID-19 will affect the workplace.
This webinar will cover:
- What is a virus? What is a coronavirus?
- How could coronavirus be acquired or spread at work?
- Considerations for re-occupying/re-opening the physical building/facility.
- How could workplace exposure to coronavirus be prevented?
- How to reduce the hazard using the hierarchy of controls.
Please register HERE.
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
About the presenter: Nellie Brown is the Director of Workplace Health and Safety Programs for the Worker Institute at Cornell University’s School of Industrial and Labor Relations. A certified industrial hygienist, biologist and chemist, Nellie earned a master’s degree in a multidisciplinary program in natural sciences and applied science from the State University of New York College at Buffalo.