A Library to Serve Henrietta for Generations to Come
New Library Updates
The library will be closed beginning Thursday, June 27 at 5pm in order to prepare for the move to the new building.
Click on the FAQs button on the left when you have questions about the new building. We're updating the FAQs page with new information as it's available.
On November 7, 2017, 62% of voters in Henrietta approved building a new town library. Crews are currently working to prepare the site and begin the foundation, and we anticipate opening our new building in the spring of 2019. We'll post updates about progress on the project on our web site, Facebook page, Instagram, and in our weekly e-mail newsletter. If you have questions or want to get involved, please contact Library Director Adrienne Pettinelli at 585-444-2301 or email@example.com.
Highlights of Our New Library
- To see what the building will look like, click here.
- The new library will be a two-story, 36,000 square foot structure.
- Location is east of the Recreation Center on 2.8 acres of land.
- The plan includes expanded space for most heavily-used and highly-valued functions. (Causewave Community Survey)
* Books and other collections.
* Services for families, children, and teens.
* Spaces for people to work quietly and in groups.
- The plan includes more accessible facilities for everyone.
- There will be a Keurig coffee vending service.
- The large print book collection will be on the first floor.
- The library will include several green initiatives, including a geothermal heating system and LED lighting.
- There will be a drive-up book drop.
- Annual estimated cost per household is $18-22 per $100,000 assessed value (based on 3.5-5% interest rate).
* Cost will be no more than $12.5 million.
* The Town is asking to bond $10 million.
* The remaining $2.5 million will be paid for by a combination of funding from the general fund, fund balance, grants, donations, and other unanticipated revenues.
* The Friends and Foundation of the Henrietta Public Library will be leading fundraising efforts.
- Current library building will become the new home of the Town Court, building our Town Center per the Town’s Master Plan (2011 Strategic Update).
For additional information:
Contact Adrienne Pettinelli, Library Director, at 585-444-2301 or Adrienne.Pettinelli@libraryweb.org.