A Library to Serve Henrietta for Generations to Come
On November 7, 2017, 62% of voters in Henrietta approved building a new town library. The town's own Department of Public Works crews have already begun work to prepare the site of the new library, and we anticipate opening our new building in early 2019. We'll post updates about progress on the project on our web site, Facebook page, and in our weekly e-mail newsletter. If you have questions or want to get involved, please contact Library Director Adrienne Furness at 585-444-2301 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Facts About the Library Building Project
New Building Proposal
- A new two-floor, 36,000 sq. ft. building.
- Location is east of the Recreation Center on 2.8 acres of land.
- Expanded space for most heavily-used and highly-valued functions. (Causewave Community Survey)
* Books and other collections.
* Services for families, children, and teens.
* Spaces for people to work quietly and in groups.
- More accessible facilities for everyone.
- Drive-up book drop.
- Annual estimated cost per household is $18-22 per $100,000 assessed value (based on 3.5-5% interest rate).
* Cost will be no more than $12.5 million.
* The Town is asking to bond $10 million.
* The remaining $2.5 million will be paid for by a combination of funding from the general fund, fund balance, grants, donations, and other unanticipated revenues.
* The Friends and Foundation of the Henrietta Public Library will be leading fundraising efforts.
- Current library building will become the new home of the Town Court, building our Town Center per the Town’s Master Plan (2011 Strategic Update).
Our Library Today
- Built in 1978.
- 18,500 square feet.
- 22,000 residents have library cards.
- 18,000 people visit every month.
- 1,200 items (mostly books) checked out every day.
- 2,100 people attend programs monthly, almost triple four years ago.
- 16 public computers in regular use
- Cost to renovate and expand current building over $10 million
For additional information:
Contact Adrienne Furness, Library Director, at 585-444-2301 or Adrienne.Furness@libraryweb.org.